This newly incorporated educational Museum currently houses its collection at 1208 Bay Street in Staten Island, and is looking for a motivated individual to help accomplish the following goals:
- To establish and maintain the MMNC as an institution open to the public.
- To create and promote exhibits showcasing a historical collection of civilian and military maritime navigation and communication equipment.
- To assemble significant anecdotes, documents, photographs, and artifacts and make them a part of Staten Island’s permanent heritage.
Assistant Museum Developer:
- Fundraising – Compose and submit grant applications in a timely fashion
- Networking – Meet with local figures to encourage interest and financial support
- Marketing – Design and distribute business cards and brochures; update website
- Collection – Inventory equipment to create a record of provenance
- Exhibits – Involve subject matter experts (nautical/Staten Island history, electronics) to enhance equipment displays
Opportunity for someone who is:
- Computer literate
- Has strong administrative skills
No prior museum or maritime experience necessary
- Planning and overseeing the arrangement, cataloguing, and exhibition of maritime equipment.
- Coordinating educational and public outreach programs
- Publicizing and promoting interest in this new museum
- Seeking funding.
Please Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org