- Petition Mailed (1/25/10)
- Established By-laws, Collections Policy, Constitution and other important documents. (January)
- Conformation letter received (2/10/10)
- Contacted David Palmquist First time. (7/10/10)
- Contacted David Palmquist second time (8/31/10)
- Sent an email response and picture for his questions. (9/10/10)
- Sent Follow up to David Palmquist (10/21/10)
- Send Second Follow up to David Palmquist (11/6/10)
- Sent Email to Karen Anderson (11/9/10)
- Sent Email to Karen Anderson Describing the situation. (11/10/10)
- Granted provisional charter for 5 years by regents board (12/14/10)
- Received certificate for charter (4/29/11)
- Mailed conformation letter back to the State Education Department (6/4/11)
- Mailed IRS 501(c) (3) (6/4/11)
- Received not-for-profit status
- Launched museum website
- Created new domain for website (1/25/12)
- Applied for discretionary funding for FY13 (3/16/12)
- Launched a new website mmncny.org (4/12/12)
- Created brochures (5/30/12)
- Granted 3500.00 from James Oddo (6/29/12)
- Facebook establish (August)
- Applied for discretionary funding FY14 (3/1/13)
- Funding from both Oddo and Rose for $3500.00 each total in $5000.00 (6/29/13)
- Speech given at conference house
- Applied for discretionary funding
- Rose granted $3500.00 Ignizio granted $3500.00
- Speech given at Conference house
- Planned for travel exhibit to Staten Island children’s museum
- Nicotra grant for $1000.00
- Conference house exhibit begins (October)
- Speech given at Staten Island Rotary (June 10, 2014)
- Newspaper articles about Museum’s establishment (June)
- Conference house exhibit ends (January)
- Converted front office/foyer into exhibit area
- SICM exhibit opened (February)
- Discretionary funding for FY16
- Matteo granted $2500.00 Ignizio granted $2500.00 rose granted $3500.00 totaling in $8500.00
- Applied for DCA for FY16 but denied for being first year
- Twitter connection (February)
- Instagram established (December)
- Establishment of a tour app to provide visitors with a listening tour (November-December)
- Presentation at Staten Island Children’s Museum for Columbus Day about Morse Code and the Gyrocompass.(October)
- Atlantic Salt Maritime Festival (June)
- Lecture at Rotary Foundation (July 21, 2015)
- Mailed in form absolute charter (January 13, 2016)
- DCA FY17 application submitted (Feb 8 2016)
- DCA seminar (January)
- City discretionary workshop with Edwina Martin (February)
- Vin Lenza’s SINFPA discretionary workshop (February)
- Founder presented at Community board 1 meeting held on 2/22/16 at 7pm to approximately 30 people.
- Meeting and over for connection to lilac preservation project 2/17/16
- Tour given to community board 1 member John Guzzo and district manager Joe Carroll 2/22/16
- Tour given to CUNY service corp. manager Cheryl Barzey 2/24/16.
- 3/23/16 museum in transition event at the Hilton garden inn.
- 6/29/16 membership drive at the Tibetan Museum
- 8/2016 Absolute Charter approved by NYSED
- 8/24/16 MMNC received $11,000.00 total grant from the NYC Council Discretionary fund from all 3 Staten Island Councilmembers.
- 9/2016 MMNC becomes a partner of the CUNY Service Corps with 6 new interns
- 10/2/16 MMNC published in SI advance for receiving its Absolute Charter.
- 11/14/16 MMNC received $10,000.00 grant from the Investors bank Foundation.
- 12/7/16 presentation to the Staten Island Tuna Club as requested by Mr. John Malizia.
- 12/12/16 MMNC published on csitoday.com Article about the interns and the experience and affect the CUNY Service Corp has on such a small thriving not for profit.
- 1/1/17 MMNC received $2,000.00 grant from the Staten Island Arts DCA Premier Grant.
- 1/30/17 MMNC Chairman met with Captain Michael Day of the United States Coast guard.
- 2/1/17 MMNC received 5 new board members.
Updated As of 2/1/17