The Museum of Maritime Navigation and Communication is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit museum dedicated to the preservation of marine electronic equipment and local maritime history. Through programs the museum strives to stimulate the interests of children and adults in the community and encourage the study, understanding, and appreciation of the subjects represented by the collections. The museum is located on 1208 Bay Street in the Rosebank section of Staten Island.
The Museum of Maritime Navigation and Communication seeks a responsible part time development assistant to help apply for grant opportunities, manage board communications and assist the Board Chairman with various tasks.
- Fundraising through a variety of venues, including filling out grant applications, meeting with local founders and encouraging donations
- Serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors
- Design and create copy for various print materials and brochures
- Prior development experience
- Prior design experience
- Pleasant, helpful disposition
- Ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and In Design Experience preferred, not required
- Ability to research
- Internet savvy
Salary commensurate with experience
Job Type: Part-time, Can eventually become Full-time
This job can also be done remotely, if required.