URGENTLY HIRING: Part-Time Museum Assistant
Description: The Museum of Maritime Navigation and Communication (MMNC) is looking for an experienced Museum Assistant to help carry out the museum’s day to day activities.
- Scheduling educational programs along with the museum’s lead educator
- Researching and applying to grants and other funding opportunities
- Completing data entry tasks involving financial information
- Maintaining the museum’s website and social media
- Coordinating with museum volunteers
- Assisting the Chairman of the Board and carrying out office work as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in museum studies, nonprofit management, or a related field
- At least 3 years experience working in museums
- Proficient in programs such as Microsoft Office and Google Drive
Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper
Job Description: We are looking for a master multi-tasker with great communication skills, high attention to detail and a positive attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management by handling office tasks, data entry, and providing excellent customer service via mail, email and phone.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with QuickBooks is a must
- Ability to research
- Internet savvy
- Perform administrative tasks including writing letters, performing internet research, perform data entry, respond to customer calls and greet museum visitors.
- Assist with bookkeeping
- Entering daily and monthly expense and income transactions
- Provide financial reports to the Chairman of the Board and Treasurer for board meetings
- Perform data entry of the finances to better support the museum’s programming
- Any other duties as required