The Museum of Maritime Navigation and Communication is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit museum dedicated to the preservation of marine electronic equipment and local maritime history. Through programs the museum strives to stimulate the interests of children and adults in the community and encourage the study, understanding, and appreciation of the subjects represented by the collections. The museum is located on 1208 Bay Street in the Rosebank section of Staten Island.
We are looking for an experienced part time assistant program director to conduct a wide range of programs. They will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program.
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to research
- Internet savvy
Salary commensurate with experience
Job Type: Part Time, Can eventually become Full Time
This job can also be done remotely, if required.